Monday 13 August 2007

From Daizan walking through Scotland


Hiya, hope the summer's going well and, if you're in the UK, avoiding this summer's rain. Right now I'm in Aviemore in the Scottish Highlands and over the last few days the terrain has moved from mountains and trees - alpine style to huge open empty heather-covered open mountainous vistas. Often there's not a house, not a fence in sight. Although people are pretty thin on the ground (did you know that there are more people in London than in the whole of Scotland?) it's fantastic to be able to say that Scottish people are if anything even more generous and kind than English. When I get out my alms bowl, after a little bit, the food arrives. Yesterday a very simple girl put a sandwich in my bowl, looked at me and said, "Are you living in faith?"

"Yes," I said, "I am." And we smiled together.

Still a lot of miles to go. More later,

Cheers Daizan

No comments:

Post a Comment