Wednesday 23 September 2009

Ten Bulls, at the Source

10. In the World

Barefooted and naked of breast, I mingle with the people of the world.
My clothes are ragged and dust-laden, and I am ever blissful.
I use no magic to extend my life;
Now, before me, the dead trees become alive.

Comment: Inside my gate, a thousand sages do not know me. The beauty of my garden is invisible. Why should one search for the footprints of the patriarchs? I go to the market place with my wine bottle and return home with my staff. I visit the wine shop and the market, and everyone I look upon becomes enlightened.

Never was I anyone but me, whatever I am, I give.

The bull is the eternal principle of life. The ten bulls represent sequent steps in the realization of one's true nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment